Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Jack and Jill is Classic James Patterson



I saw this book in my library’s Book Nook and realized I had not read it.  Even though it was written before 9/11, I decided to give it a read and I am very glad I did. 

I have been shying away from James Patterson books because of his recent habit of using co-authors.  I have read one or two or them and found them entertaining but they were not pure James Patterson.

This is an oldie but goodie and it is James Patterson at his best.  I say classic James Patterson!

Alex Cross is at his job as a homicide detective with the Washington, DC police and is faced with two unusual cases involving serial murders. 

First, there is the Truth School murders where some crazy is enticing and killing elementary grade students.  Then there are Jack and Jill, a pair of serial murderers who are stalking and killing prominent citizens in and around Washington and leaving cryptic messages behind.  The case gets bizarre when Alex Cross finds out the Secret Service code names for the President and First Lady are also Jack and Jill.

As with other James Patterson Alex Cross adventures, nothing is what it seems.  There are plots and sub-plots until at last all the killers are revealed.

If you haven’t read it, I highly recommend “Jack and Jill”.  It is a great read.

Maybe now, I go back and read those books where James Patterson has a co-author.
James Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment